Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Bring me back to life...

Hey friends...

I think we should bring the Loving Room blog back to life, especially in light of recent events, namely, Elise graduating, Carissa getting engaged, and Willis moving back to AZ for an indefinite period of time. We just started a family blog, and it's super fun. So I think I'm motivated for some blogging.

I don't even know if Elise and Willis are a part of this at all...hmm...

So I plan to post a "Year in Review: 2008" blog as soon as I get around to writing it. Probably when I get back to So Cal and have nothing else to do until interterm starts.

On a completely unrelated note, I went to a metal show tonight. I got the black "X" on my hand in permanent marker and everything. It was "brutal," as they say. I may or may not have done some head banging, possibly some two-stepping. I listened to a song called "Decapitate Hannah Montana" which had an especially moving part where the lead singer said "F*** that bitch," and the crowd responded with "I want to watch that bitch die," or something like that. It was sort of hard to understand at times. It was a small venue, so needless to say, I stood out like a sore thumb. All in all, it was a positive experience. I enjoyed it immensely.

On another unrelated note, I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button last night. It was not good at all, in my opinion. There was no plot. I think the only redeeming value of the whole movie was Brad Pitt. My cousin and I decided that if we had the chance we would probably make out with Brad Pitt. I think God could forgive us, and hopefully the police could too, since he would probably never agree to it.

So far on my break I have watched three hours of John and Kate Plus Eight, as well as three hours of What Not to Wear. I puff painted a green turtle neck. I made lots and lots of cookies. I went shopping and got some new shoes along with a few shirts. I hung out with some friends. I played a lot of games: take-two, scategories, some lame game we got for Christmas that I forget the name of, Egyptian war. I did a puzzle. I hung out with family mucho. I went to Chico. I saw a metal concert. I wore my pj's for a whole day. I got a new water bottle that I'm super excited about.

Those are the highlights, I guess.

Well, to the two or so readers of this blog, thank you. Let's be friends.

Kendra

2 comments:

Katelyn said...

btw, when i saw that you went to a metal show on facebook, i started picturing... like...

a metal kitchen road show or something. with wonderful titanium sinks and bedezlled mirrors or something.

Kendra said...

Haha. No, more like "I want to express my anger through angry screaming that I call music" metal show. Nevertheless, equally entertaining.